Pages

Mar 3, 2008

Away-close

When you are around, I take you for granted. Asking more than what you give, giving less than what I should.

It's the distance like this between us that makes me realize the importance that you have earned in my life. I feel more close to you while I am away. My moments are filled with your thoughts, your presence.

As in, do you remember, I asked you to make my collar proper while I was wearing my coat? Well, it was not because I could not do it. Or the way I tucked in your shirt? Neither was this because I thought you needed help. Well, I was just trying to collect that proximity in my thoughts.....

At times like these when I have to be away from you longer than I can stand, this saved proximity is helping me reach out to you - in my thoughts and dreams.

I am so glad to have you in my life....